Limited Openings Available in Some Grades
Call 303.231.9801 extension 253 for Current Availability!
Club Registration Deadline extended to 8/22/17
For Enrichment Program deadlines, please visit their individual websites to register.
Welcome to Free Horizon Montessori. We thank you for taking time to find out more about our school and community. We are Jefferson County charter public school of choice, serving children in preschool through eighth grade. We believe the best way to gain understanding of the unique benefits of a Montessori education is to experience it first hand.
We invite you to visit and tour our campus, observe our classes in action, learn about our enrollment process, and have your questions answered. Please contact our Enrollment Coordinator at 303-231-9801 x253 to reserve your space or visit our Tours page for more information. We look forward to meeting you!
Individualized InstructionOur students reflect the rich diversity of our world and come with various ability levels. Progression through the curriculum is based on demonstrated mastery rather than grade level. Accordingly, this allows children to move forward in their studies in relation to their ability. Those who are struggling with a skill, get the extra support required. This individualized approach provides optimum opportunity for growth and success.
Engaging CurriculumOur rich curriculum includes zoology, botany, earth science, geography, history, literature, mathematics, music, art, physical education, world languages and cultures, and the life skills of organization, planning, and prioritization. This coupled with lively instruction and targeted lessons supports students in making connections in life. Our goal is to have students interact with the lesson in a way that encourages ever-deepening levels of understanding.
We are proud of our highly qualified educators whose dedication inspire and support each child in reaching his or her greatest potential. Involved parents advance the value of education through volunteering time and effort while strengthening the connection between home and school. Our students are happy, excited, inspired and deeply involved in learning.
Our Founding Beliefs
Founded in 2002, Free Horizon Montessori rapidly expanded from 120 children to serving more than 380 students from all parts of Jefferson County and its surrounding areas. Our school embraces the philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori, which is dedicated to an educational model that is challenging, individualized, and has a solid cornerstone of respect and responsibility for oneself, the environment, and those with whom we share the world.
A great benefit of a Charter School is that staff, students, and parents are united in a common vision and commitment to educational excellence. In as such, we are a collaborative group of parents and educators dedicated to the expansion of the human potential. The atmosphere is palpable and as you walk in you will see dynamic learners of all shapes, sizes, and abilities, because FHM is a place where everybody learns. We believe this attitude sets the tone for life-long learning.
FHM at a Glance
Grades Served: Preschool – 8th Grade (Ages 3 to 14)
Total Students: 4042016-17 School Year Hours (Note Updated 2016-07-26):
- Primary Full Day Preschool & Kindergarten
Drop-off 8:15 - 8:25 am
CLASS 8:30 am – 3:20 pm (2:00 - 2:15 pm dismissal on Wednesdays)
Pick-up 3:20 - 3:35 pm
- Primary Half Day Preschool & Kindergarten
Drop-off 8:15 - 8:25 am
CLASS 8:30 am – 11:30 am (optional Lunch Bunch until 12:30)
- Lower & Upper Elementary
Drop-off 8:00-8:10 am
CLASS 8:15 am – 3:20 pm (2:00 - 2:15 pm dismissal on Wednesdays)
Pick-up 3:20 - 3:35 pm
- Middle School
Drop-off 7:50-7:55 am
CLASS 8:00 am - 3:30 pm (2:00 - 2:15 pm dismissal on Wednesdays)
Pick-up 3:30-3:40 pm
Click here for Middle School Block Schedule
- Extended Care 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
Specialty Programs: Art, Music, PE, Technology & Library
State School Performance Framework Rating: Accredited
- American Montessori Society
- Colorado League of Charter Schools
- Our Preschool, Before & Aftercare, and Summer Camp programs are licensed through the Colorado Department of Human Services
Optional Programs: Before & After School Care, Hot Lunch from Revolution Foods, After School Enrichment Programs, Student Clubs, Summer Camp, Family Events, Student Council, Science & Engineering Fair, Scripps National Spelling Bee, Destination Imagination, and More!
School Colors: Burgundy & Navy
School Mascot: Red Fox
Mission, Vision & Values
Free Horizon Montessori Mission
Through the Montessori philosophy, we inspire every child to learn and grow as a responsible global citizen in a collaborative, peaceful, and safe environment.
Free Horizon Montessori Vision
We seek to transform our community by developing students who pursue their full potential, understand their global responsibilities, and respect others, self, and the environment.
Free Horizon Montessori MottoInspiring lifelong learning!
Free Horizon Montessori Values...
- Safe and Compassionate Environments that promote exploration, risk-taking, and creativity
- Quality and Empowering Relationships that are trusting and respectful and give space and structure for each to find their voice and place in society
- Personal Responsibility where each person is accountable for their decisions and actions within the community
- Holistic Perspectives, because knowledge is comprised of an entangled web of personal awareness and experience that is physical, emotional, social, cognitive, and spiritual
- Challenge as ones potential is only discovered in the place of change and growth
- Continuous Improvement, knowing that reaching one goal is just a step towards discovering a new horizon. Our goals guide the direction of life, but living is a process of doing and interacting
- Positive Problem-Solving Approaches, which are determined to look first for the best in people and situations and willingly set aside our egos for the sake of relationship and learning
- Proactive Partnerships with students, families, and community
- Diversity of people, roles, and vision, knowing that our judgments have power that can limit and define one's viewpoint for life. We use our judgments as a tool to frame the reality and guide quality decision-making, but reject judgments that limit an individual's potential. We do not know what we do not know.
- Aesthetic Order, Organization, and Strategic Planning so that we can effectively and efficiently serve the greater needs of our institution and greater community
- Wisdom-seeking, where we continually look for deeper understanding and meaning in life's relationships.