Enrollment for 2017-18 School Year
Limited Openings in Some Grades
Call 303.231.9801 extension 253 for Current Availability!
Enjoy Summer Break!
Meet Your Teacher & Back-to-School Night August 10th | First Day of School August 14th
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the application as well as submit a letter of interest and resume to www.applitrack.com/freehorizon/onlineapp/.
Who We Are & What We Value:
Free Horizon Montessori, a public charter school serving children in preschool through 8th grade, is a richly diverse community nestled in the foothills of Golden, Colorado. We are a growing school with more than 410 students and a strong, supportive parent body and passionate, committed faculty. At Free Horizon Montessori, we value educators who ignite passion, spark curiosity, and inspire children as they learn and grow into responsible global citizens. We are dedicated to supporting students in developing into independent, respectful, and responsible leaders and learners. We view education as a partnership between the student, family, school, and community and seek professionals willing to invest in our pursuit of excellence. Our faculty enjoys a shared leadership model wherein all staff members are encouraged to contribute ideas and incite positive change. Does this strike a chord in you? If you embrace life-long learning, demonstrate maturity, and engage in a collaborative approach to education, we invite you to submit a letter of interest and resume and pursue joining our dynamic team. Free Horizon is Montessori for the 21st Century: a place to learn, a place to belong.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Free Horizon Montessori affirms that no person shall, on the basis of race, creed, color, age, national origin, religion, gender identity, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or veteran status be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefit of, or be subjected to discrimination under any educational program or activity, including, but not limited to, employment or enrollment. Sexual orientation is a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status or perception of the individual's sexual orientation.
Now Accepting Applications for the Following Positions:
2017-18 School Year Positions:
- ENROLLMENT SECRETARY - Full Time, Benefits Eligible, Starting July 17, 2017 - Click here for the downloadable job posting and click here to apply. INTERVIEWS UNDERWAY - APPLY SOON!
- FINANCIAL SECRETARY - Half Time, Starting July 17, 2017 - The Financial Secretary works under the Director of Finance & Advancement and is an integral member of the school's administrative support team. Responsibilities include accounts payable & receivable including collections efforts for the school's tuition- and fee-based programs and events, purchasing, financial reporting, inventory, administration of the Free & Reduced Lunch program, and supporting the administrative team in a collaborative, positive, and team-oriented manner. Our ideal candidate will hold an Associate's Degree or higher in Accounting or related field, demonstrate proficiency in Excel and comfort and confidence in utilizing technology to enhance work processes and financial compliance, and possesses a strong understanding of financial best practices. Strong organizational, verbal, and written communications skills are required. We seeks someone with a friendly demeanor who can work in a fast-paced setting while maintaining a relentless positive, customer service oriented attitude. Our Financial Secretary will utilize effective time management techniques to appropriately prioritize work and show the utmost discretion in maintaining confidentiality of student and program information. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to submit a letter of interest and resume and complete the online application here. INTERVIEWS UNDERWAY - APPLY SOON!
- MIDDLE SCHOOL SCIENCE & FACS TEACHER - Part Time OR Full Time (7:30 - 4:00 M-F) if paired with Math Teacher position, Starting August 2, 2017 - Click here for the downloadable job posting and click here to apply. INTERVIEWS UNDERWAY - APPLY SOON!
- MIDDLE SCHOOL MATH TEACHER - Part Time OR Full Time (7:30 - 4:00 M-F) if paired with Science & FACS Teacher position, Starting August 2, 2017 - Click here for the downloadable job posting and click here to apply. INTERVIEWS UNDERWAY - APPLY SOON!
- OTHER POSITIONS - If you are interested in a position not specifically listed here, please complete the General Application - Classroom and upload your letter of interest and resume in our AppliTrack system here.
Core Qualifications by Position Type
Core Qualifications for Administrative Positions: Our administration works as a cohesive team in assuring smooth daily operations of the school, fulfilling requirements or charter agreement, and providing educational opportunities that are aligned with our Mission, Vision, and Values. Our administrative team utilizes systems theory and servant leadership principles, allowing each individual member to contribute in vital, meaningful ways to the success of the school. We seek friendly, passionate, dedicated people who believe in the Montessori Method in the public sector to join us.
Core Qualifications for Teaching Positions: Our teachers must hold a Bachelor’s degree as well as Montessori certification from a MACTE accredited program (or previous experience in Montessori and a willingness to complete Montessori certification) and meet federal Highly Qualified criteria by passing the appropriate PLACE or Praxis II exam prior to employment. Successful candidates will bring a minimum of 3 years of experience as a lead teacher (though this can be waived in some cases), an understanding of the relationship between curriculum, instruction, and assessment in supporting student achievement, and demonstrate comfort and competence in utilizing technology to enhance student learning. We provide a comprehensive compensation package including competitive salary based on education, qualifications, and experience, PERA retirement contribution, benefits allotment, paid leave time, and professional development opportunities.
Core Qualifications for Support Staff Positions: Our support staff members bring varying levels of education and experience, but all share a common vision of supporting students to make their time at Free Horizon Montessori as positive and successful as possible. We value all members of our staff and believe in supporting professional growth for career advancement. All members of our Support Staff must at minimum possess a high school diploma, be at least 18 years of age, relate well to children and adults, and demonstrate an interest in and knowledge of children and concern for their proper care, education, and overall well-being.