How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the application as well as submit a letter of interest and resume to www.applitrack.com/freehorizon/onlineapp/.
Who We Are & What We Value:
Free Horizon Montessori, a public charter school serving children in preschool through 8th grade, is a richly diverse community nestled in the foothills of Golden, Colorado. We are a growing school with more than 410 students and a strong, supportive parent body and passionate, committed faculty. At Free Horizon Montessori, we value educators who ignite passion, spark curiosity, and inspire children as they learn and grow into responsible global citizens. We are dedicated to supporting students in developing into independent, respectful, and responsible leaders and learners. We view education as a partnership between the student, family, school, and community and seek professionals willing to invest in our pursuit of excellence. Our faculty enjoys a shared leadership model wherein all staff members are encouraged to contribute ideas and incite positive change. Does this strike a chord in you? If you embrace life-long learning, demonstrate maturity, and engage in a collaborative approach to education, we invite you to submit a letter of interest and resume and pursue joining our dynamic team. Free Horizon is Montessori for the 21st Century: a place to learn, a place to belong.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Free Horizon Montessori affirms that no person shall, on the basis of race, creed, color, age, national origin, religion, gender identity, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or veteran status be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefit of, or be subjected to discrimination under any educational program or activity, including, but not limited to, employment or enrollment. Sexual orientation is a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status or perception of the individual's sexual orientation.
Now Accepting Applications for the Following Positions:
2017-18 School Year Positions:
- MIDDLE SCHOOL SCIENCE & FACS TEACHER - Half Time (MTRF 7:45 - 11:45 & W 9:30 - 1:30) OR Full Time (7:30 - 4:00 M-F) if paired with Math Teacher position, Starting August 2, 2017 - In addition to the core teacher qualifications, this person must have passion about making science come alive with interactive experiences that connect students with Colorado Content Standards within a Montessori framework as well as create meaningful real-world learning opportunities within the Family & Consumer Science Course. This individual possesses exemplary differentiation and classroom management skills, is a strong, clear communicator, welcomes collaboration, actively seeks student engagement, keeps accurate and complete records, and is comfortable within a flexible block schedule. Our Middle School teachers understand, value, and participate in field excursions and travel with students in order to connect their learning to real-life experiences and are champions of adolescent learners within our school and the greater community. This person not only "gets" adolescents, but inspires them to do their best each and every day as well as supports them in developing strong social and emotional competency and inspiring a life-long love of learning that prepares students for high school and beyond. Click here for the downloadable job posting and click here to apply.
- MIDDLE SCHOOL MATH TEACHER - Half Time (MTRF 11:30 - 3:30 & W 12:00 - 4:00) OR Full Time (7:30 - 4:00 M-F) if paired with Science & FACS Teacher position, Starting August 2, 2017 - In addition to the core teacher qualifications, this person must be passionate about inspiring students to engage with and experience success in mathematics, possess exemplary differentiation and classroom management skills, and be equally comfortable working with the remedial, typical, and highly advanced student. This person is a strong, clear communicator, welcomes collaboration, is comfortable with a flexible block schedule, keeps complete and accurate records, and understands the value of and is willing to participate in field excursions and travel with students. Our Middle School teachers are champions of the adolescent learner within our school and greater community. This person truly understands and enjoys working with adolescent students and is committed to helping them build a solid mathematical foundation meeting and exceeding the Colorado Content Standards, develop strong social and emotional competency, and inspiring a life-long love of learning that prepares them for high school and beyond. Click here for the downloadable job posting and click here to apply.
- TECHNOLOGY TEACHER - Full Time .775 FTE (31 hours/week, benefits eligible), Starting August 2, 2017 - We seek a dynamic, energetic, reliable individual to serve as our school's Technology Specialist, with core responsibilities divided between two domains: teaching and IT support. Teaching Responsibilities: This person sees all 1st - 6th grade students throughout the school year and runs two technology-related electives each semester for 6th - 8th grade students. Technology is one of five specialty classes elementary students attend on a 5-day rotating basis along with Art, Music, PE, and Library. As a specialist teacher, this person implements or develops curricular studies and technology experiences to support students in development of 21st Century technology skills as outlined in the Colorado Department of Education standards and the International Society for Technology in Education standards. Our Technology Specialist also teaches two IT or STEM related after school clubs each week as compensated time. See core qualifications for teaching positions below. IT Support: This person serves as the first point of contact for routine troubleshooting and repairs related to the instructional and administrative tech infrastructure and hardware at the school as well as maintaining and updating our networks, firewalls, hardware, and software. Through implementation and annual update of our Technology Strategic Plan (TSP), which is developed in partnership wiht the school's Technology Committee, the Technology Specialist develops annual targets and makes budgetary recommendations based on identified needs and alignment with the TSP. The Technology Specialist works closely with the Director of Operations, who serves as the main point of contact for outside tech-related vendors, consultants, and trainers. Our Technology Specialist supports our teachers in integrating technology into everyday classroom instruction in order to enhance student engagement and increase student achievement through modeling, training, and troubleshooting. The Technology Specialist works closely with the School Assessment Coordinator to assure all secure web browser links, roster file uploads, etc., are completed and tested prior to each testing window. Click here for downloadable job posting. Click here to apply. (see complete job description) Interviews begin week of April 10th.
- LUNCH COORDINATOR - Part Time, Starting March 6th - Free Horizon Montessori seeks someone who understands lunch time is not simply free time, it's an opportunity to engage students in nourishing theri bodies, getting to know others through developing conversation skills, and providing the building blocks for learning. This person is responsible for the entirety of the lunch experience for students, including thoughtful preparation of the lunch room space, establishing a pleasant atmosphere, assuring appropriate cleaning, disinfecting, and re-set happens between seatings, and completing clean-up at the end of lunch. This individual is responsible for coordinating with the school's lunch service vendor to order meals ordered by students, track meals as they are served, oversee student lunch accounts in conjunction with the school's Financial Secretary, and assure appropriate quantities of lunch service items are on hand. Our Lunch Coordinator completes processes as required under the National School Lunch Program to assure compliance and quality. The Lunch Coordinator is an important member of our support staff who sees all children every day and has the unique opportunity to forge relationships and make a positive difference. Our Lunch Coordinator must hold a current Colorado Food Handler's Card and complete all coursework and training as required by our School Food Authority, the National School Lunch Program, and Colorado Department of Human Services Childcare Licensing regulations as related to the position.
- OTHER POSITIONS - If you are interested in a position not specifically listed here, please complete the General Application - Classroom and upload your letter of interest and resume in our AppliTrack system here.
Core Qualifications by Position Type
Core Qualifications for Administrative Positions: Our administration works as a cohesive team in assuring smooth daily operations of the school, fulfilling requirements or charter agreement, and providing educational opportunities that are aligned with our Mission, Vision, and Values. Our administrative team utilizes systems theory and servant leadership principles, allowing each individual member to contribute in vital, meaningful ways to the success of the school. We seek friendly, passionate, dedicated people who believe in the Montessori Method in the public sector to join us.
Core Qualifications for Teaching Positions: Our teachers must hold a Bachelor’s degree as well as Montessori certification from a MACTE accredited program (or previous experience in Montessori and a willingness to complete Montessori certification) and meet federal Highly Qualified criteria by passing the appropriate PLACE or Praxis II exam prior to employment. Successful candidates will bring a minimum of 3 years of experience as a lead teacher (though this can be waived in some cases), an understanding of the relationship between curriculum, instruction, and assessment in supporting student achievement, and demonstrate comfort and competence in utilizing technology to enhance student learning. We provide a comprehensive compensation package including competitive salary based on education, qualifications, and experience, PERA retirement contribution, benefits allotment, paid leave time, and professional development opportunities.
Core Qualifications for Support Staff Positions: Our support staff members bring varying levels of education and experience, but all share a common vision of supporting students to make their time at Free Horizon Montessori as positive and successful as possible. We value all members of our staff and believe in supporting professional growth for career advancement. All members of our Support Staff must at minimum possess a high school diploma, be at least 18 years of age, relate well to children and adults, and demonstrate an interest in and knowledge of children and concern for their proper care, education, and overall well-being.