Limited Openings Available in Some Grades
Call 303.231.9801 extension 253 for Current Availability!
Club Registration Deadline extended to 8/22/17
For Enrichment Program deadlines, please visit their individual websites to register.
1. Attend an Informational TourVisit our Tour & Visits page and find a tour date that works for you. If after this tour you believe FHM would be a good educational fit for your child and family, we encourage you to submit an application packet.
2. Applications for the 2017-18 School Year
Required Documents for Application for the 2017-18 School Year (accepted through August 31, 2017):
All of the items in this list must be received before a student can be added to the lottery pool or waiting list. Click on the link to download each form. Please make and bring copies as listed.
- Second Round Choice Enrollment Application
- FHM Enrollment Attachment Form (Include copies of the following documents if your child is on, has ever been on, or has ever been evaluated for: IEP, ALP, 504 Plan, Discipline/Behavior Plan)
- Copy of Student's Birth Certificate
- Copy of Proof of Residency if you live in Jefferson County (house contract, deed, or lease agreement or a bill mailed to the home that includes the parent/guardian's name and address)
- Copy of the Parent/Guardian's Driver's License, Passport, or State-Issued Identification with photo
Enrollment for K-8 is accepted and offered on a lottery system for First-Round and then a first-come, first-served basis according to date & time complete application packet is received.
Preschool enrollment is accepted and offered on a first-come, first-served basis according to date & time complete application packet is received. Applications may be submitted starting on January 9, 2017. Note that preschool enrollment will be by lottery beginning in the 2018-19 school year.
Second Round Applications are based on application date and are accepted starting in February 27th through August 31st. The names of any students who were not offered spots in the 1st round lottery are automatically placed for 2nd round acceptance keeping their position on as drawn for the 1st round lottery. All applicants who submit applications during the 2nd round will be added below those from the 1st round.
Application ProcessingApplications are date and time stamped based on the date and time the full application packet is received in our office. Applications received in person are date and time stamped and a copy provided to the parent/guardian as proof of receipt. Applications received via postal mail receive the date and time stamp at the time they arrive at the school. Applications received via fax during office hours are date and time stamped based on the time they arrive. Applications received via fax after office hours are date and time stamped in the order received at the start of the next business day. Applications received via email are date and time stamped using the Jeffco Public Schools email system's date and time stamp. It is the responsibility of the submitting parent/guardian to confirm receipt of applications sent via postal mail, fax, or email. Copies will be provided in person for those who come to the school to pick them up, but we do not call, email, fax, or mail confirmations. NOTE: We cannot add any student to our lottery pool or waiting list until all of the required documents listed above are received. The date and time stamp for the application is based on when we have all of the documents.
3. Notification of AcceptanceWhen we have a space available for your child, either through the 1st Round lottery (held at the end of January each year) or our wait list system, we will call or email to make an offer of enrollment. We ask families to accept or decline the enrollment offer within 48 hours. If we do not hear back within the specified period, we will move on to the next child on our lottery or wait list. NOTE: Because we follow the Jeffco Public Schools Choice Enrollment procedures, we are unable to accommodate requests to allow enrollment decision extensions until after a parent attends a tour. We strongly encourage families to attend a tour prior to submitting paperwork so that you know whether or not you will want the space when it is offered.
4. Attend an Enrollment Orientation, Registration & Visitation DayEnrollment Orientation:
All parents/guardians who are new to FHM or who have been gone for more than one school year must attend a mandatory Enrollment Orientation. At this required meeting, we discuss the school’s philosophy, general policies and procedures, and answer questions you might have. This foundational meeting supports the connection between home and school necessary for a successful educational experience. Enrollment Orientations occur in July and August and as needed for mid-year enrollments.
Annual Registration Paperwork:
All enrollment paperwork must be submitted at the time of registration or prior to your child’s first day of attendance (whichever comes first) in order to finalize placement. After this period, we offer available space to the next family on our lottery or wait list.
New Student Visitation:
This is the time that new students are invited to visit our school to see the campus, meet some teachers and students, and get a sense of what they might expect at FHM. We find that students who attend a visitation have a smoother transition to our program and approach the change in schools with less hesitation and uncertainty.
Incoming 1st - 8th grade students can come during a regular school day and spend time in the classroom while their parent/guardian attends an Enrollment Orientation and completes Annual Registration Paperwork. In the interest of respecting classroom continuity, we cannot accommodate visitations outside of the scheduled times. Call the school for a calendar of times.
Incoming Preschool and Kindergarten students are invited to attend an after school Walk About Visitation with a parent or guardian. Dates and times for the Walk About Visitations will be posted as soon as they are scheduled.