Advisory & Accountability
About the School Accountability Committee
The School Accountability Committee (SAC) exists as mandated by Colorado's Education Accountability Act of 2009. The SAC at Free Horizon Montessori is comprised of parents, faculty, and the Assistant Principal and or Principal who collaborate with school leadership to ensure we are accountable to FHM's mission and vision. The SAC meets monthly to develop, implement, analyze, and report on community surveys that address three main areas:
- culture and climate
- safety and security
The SAC analyzes academic and school survey data to inform and make recommendations to the Principal and Board of Directors regarding the Unified Improvement Plan.
In support of this work, the SAC is responsible for the following:
- Report progress to the community regarding goals reported to the Colorado Department of Education in the prior school year’s Unified Improvement Plan (UIP),
- Evaluate both surveys of parents, staff, students, and alumni, and collective student testing patterns.
- Report data and associated recommendations to the FHM Leadership and the FHM Community.
- Maintain open communication with the school community and advise the Principal regarding ways to improve our educational programs, environment, and school climate.
We encourage you to become a SAC member, or participate in SAC meetings as you are able, to share your ideas and concerns with the committee in order to make FHM the best school it can be.
Current School Accountability Committee Members
The committee is comprised of parents, faculty, and Principal (or designee).
|Committee Member||Role||Contact||Term Expires|
|OPEN, Parent or Community Member||Member|
|Dave Wells, Chair, Parent of Primary & LE Students||Chair||2017|
|Rebecca Rivera, Parent or Community Member||Secretary|
|Jen Berger, Parent or Community Member||CSN Liaison|
|Bree Goans, Assistant Principal||Principal's Designee||n/a|
|Heather Smith, Art Teacher||Faculty||n/a|
|Jesse Ornelis, School Assessment & GT Coordinator||Faculty||n/a|
|Alex Ramsay FHM Board of Directors Liaison to the SAC||Board Member||2017|
Accountability Committee Meetings & Documents
The School Accountability Committee holds regular meetings twice monthly from August through November, then once a month from December through May. Meetings are typically held from 5:30 - 7:30 pm in the FHM administrative office. Meetings are listed on the school calendar and open to the public.
Find meeting agendas, minutes and other information from the current school year by clicking the links below:
|2016-08-31 SAC Meeting||Minutes|
|2016-04-06 SAC Meeting||Minutes|
|2016-02-24 SAC Meeting||Minutes|
|2015-09-30 SAC Meeting||Minutes|
|2015-09-02 SAC Meeting||Minutes|
|2015-02-12 SAC Meeting||Agenda|
SAC School Performance Reports:
Click on the links below for compilations of historical School Accountability Committee meetings, agendas, surveys, plans, and other documents.
2010-11 School Year Surveys:
- 2010-11 Survey Results Key (Read This Document First)
- 2010-11 Welcoming Environment Survey
- 2010-11 Parent Survey
- 2010-11 Climate and Culture Strategic Plan
- 2010-11 Lower Elementary Student Survey (conducted with 2nd & 3rd graders)
- 2010-11 Upper Elementary Student Survey (conducted with 4th, 5th & 6th graders)
2009-10 School Year:
- 2009-10 FHM SAC Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- 2009-10 Make Your Voice Heard Survey Results
- 2009-10 School Improvement Plan
2008-09 School Year:
- 2008-09 FHM SAC Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- 2008-09 Make Your Voice Heard Survey Results
- 2008-09 School Improvement Plan
Getting Involved with the School Accountability CommitteeEach year, the School Accountability Committee seeks parents interested in serving two-year terms. Please consider this volunteer opportunity to improve your school. If you are a number-cruncher at heart, this is the perfect place for you to fulfill your 30-hour/year volunteer commitment for your family.
- Able to meet for 3-6 hours per month during the school year,
- Have experience with descriptive statistics and/or survey design/administration,
- Willing to analyze data from periodic surveys