March 25 - April 3
Early Release March 24 at Noon!
Reaching Us During the School DayIf you have an urgent matter and need to speak to someone during the school day, please call 303-231-9801 extension 200. If no one answers, please leave a message with as much information as possible so that the correct person can return your call.
Each teacher holds weekly office hours by appointment. This is the time for parents and guardians to schedule phone calls or meetings to discuss questions or concerns they have about their child's schoolwork. Please contact your child's teacher directly to schedule a phone call or meeting. You can link to teacher contact information from the Staff Profile Pages:
Teacher Office Hours
The Fox Flash
The Fox Flash is our weekly newsletter sent home every Friday evening. This publication has a current school activity calendar, updates and news about Free Horizon, and an update from the CSN. This is a must-read newsletter for everything you need to know about Free Horizon. The Horizon Line replaces the Fox Flash three times a year.
- Fox Flash August 26, 2016
- Fox Flash September 2, 2016
- Fox Flash September 9, 2016
- Fox Flash September 16, 2016
- Fox Flash September 23, 2016
- Fox Flash September 30, 2016
- Fox Flash October 7, 2016
- Fox Flash October 14, 2016
- Fox Flash October 21, 2016
- Fox Flash November 4, 2016
- Fox Flash November 11, 2016
- Fox Flash November 18, 2016
- Fox Flash December 2,2016
- Fox Flash December 8, 2016
- Fox Flash December 16, 2016
- Fox Flash December 21, 2016
- Fox Flash January 13, 2017
- Fox Flash January 27, 2017
- Fox Flash February 3, 2017
- Fox Flash February 10, 2017
- Fox Flash February 17, 2017
- Fox Flash March 10, 2017
- Fox Flash March 17, 2017
- Fox Flash March 24, 2017
The Horizon LineThe Horizon Line is FHM's newsletter for parents and guardians. Sent quarterly via School Messenger, The Horizon Line is the place to look for important information and updates about our school.
Master Calendar & ScheduleNOTE: School calendars are subject to change. Changes will be noted here as well as in school communications.
- 2016-17 School Year Master Calendar (version approved 2016-07-26)
HandbooksPlease download and read all of the handbooks linked below. They outline the policies and procedures we follow at FHM to ensure a safe learning environment for all students.
- Current FHM Student & Parent Handbook
- Current FHM Guide to Conduct & Self Discipline
- Current Jeffco Public Schools Conduct Code
- Sexual Harassment Reporting Notice
- FHM Computer, Internet & Technology Policy
- Opt out Letter for MYVH Survey
Keeping Children Safe at Drop-Off & Pick-UpPlease watch this important video from Jeffco Public Schools regarding keeping our children safe during the most dangerous parts of every student's day: arrival and departure.
FHM In the NewsCheck out these articles and other items relating to FHM or Montessori education:
- Free Horizon Montessori students ride the rails, retrace historic footsteps in hands-on learning, Your Hub June 8, 2016
- Golden Sustainability Award Recipient 2016
- Shakespeare play reinforces empathy, shares anti-bullying message with Free Horizon students, Your Hub April 20, 2016
- 9News Coverage of FHM's Solar Array Dedication: Please click here to see the 9News broadcast and here for the 9News photo album from the Solar Celebration.
- Free Horizon Montessori Solar Array for Clean Energy, Community Education & Cost Savings: Please click here to read the Your Hub article.
- Free Horizon Middle School Students Get First-Hand Insight Into the Working World: Please click here to read the Your Hub article.
- FHM Middle School Students Spend Day at Red Rocks Park with Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado Youth SWAT Program: Please click here to see the story and album.
- Free Horizon Celebrates National Bike to School Day: Please click here to read the press release.
- Colorado Gives Day donors contribute >$56,000 for FHM! Please click here to read the press release.
- FHM Gift of a Meal Program: Please click here to read the press release.
- Campus Beautification Day: Please click here to read press release.
- Golden Celebrates National Walk to School Day: Read the Golden Chamber article here, featuring Free Horizon Montessori as a participant.
- Colorado Charter Schools - Their History and Their Future: Read the Denver Post article here, featuring a photo from Free Horizon Montessori.
- How Colorado Companies Help Their Employees Achieve Work/Life Balance: Click here to read the Denver Post article featuring a Free Horizon Montessori parent who utilizes her company's flexible work schedule to volunteer at school two days each month.
- Free Horizon Montessori Receives Truckload of Computers & Other Technology Equipment from GSA's Computers for Learning Program: Read the press release here or watch the video here.
- Free Horizon Montessori Charter School Adds Middle School Program: Read the community announcement about our new middle school program here.
- Free Horizon Gardeners Hear from Veteran how Nation Harvested Sense of Unity during WWII: An Upper Elementary class from Free Horizon Montessori was featured in this Denver Post article in tandem with their work on our school's community garden.
- Preschool & Elementary Students Connect Math & Social Responsibility: Four Free Horizon Montessori classes participated in a co-curricular community service project to help provide Thanksgiving meal baskets to local families. Read the Your Hub article here.
- Golden Mayor Jacob Smith Acknowledges Free Horizon Montessori: In his April 22, 2009, update, Mayor Smith congratulated Free Horizon Montessori for being recognized by Jeffco Public Schools as a High Performing School. See the entire update here.
- Cultural Fair a "Huge Success!" Free Horizon held its first annual Cultural Fair on April 15, 2009. Read the Your Hub article about this amazing event here.
- FHM Featured in Article: Free Horizon Montessori was featured in the Winter 2008 issue of Jefferson County City & Mountain Views! Click to read the article.
Other Parent Information
Jeffco Budget Information
MAP Letter for Parents
Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) Information